11/9/11

Mini Review: If I Stay by Gayle Forman

Series: If I Stay, book #1

Published: April 9th 2009

Publisher: Dutton Juvenile

Details: Hardcover, 199 pages

My rating: 3/5

A quick and easy read about 17-year old Mia who one day heads out in the car with her parents and her little brother, only to wake up the next second in the aftermath of a terrible car accident. Only, she didn’t really wake up. As she follows her body which is rushed into hospital, she realizes she is a spirit trapped between life and death, and that she has the power to choose, whether to stay in this life or go. This is a great little book, which I read in about a day. It never quite reached the 4-mark though because I never felt any deeper connection with the characters, i.e it never made me cry.

Still interested to read the sequel Where She Went, written from Adam’s point of view (Adam who is Mia’s boyfriend in If I stay). Review coming up shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...